Saturday, May 21, 2022

Sun and Spear

DeviantArt
https://www.deviantart.com/ryuyujin/art/Sun-and-Spear-916806921
HentaiFoundry
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/Ryuyujin/984209/Sun-and-Spear

 

Welcome to Star Wars Month!

May the  Fourth Be With You and Revenge of the Fifth may have come and gone, but  all this month we will be revisiting old Star Wars themed or inspired  commissions and projects on Wednesdays while releasing brand spanking  new commissions on the weekends.

Today is a  little different. Today Is NOT a commission. This is a personal piece  that has been on my drawing list forever. Finally, I got to tackle it.  Based on a random literal fever dream I had when sick one time way back  in collage and inspired by the Legends versions of Nightsisters, the  ancient Ewok movies, Tarzan, Island of the Blue Dolphins, Julie of the  Wolves, the Jungle Book and similar fair. I experimented heavily with  this one with painterly brushes and using painterly techniques even  though its digital work. I am quiet happy with the results.

So, I now formally present my only Star Wars OC ever, Naota Tomma. This  inquisitive and fearless creature, with far to many force ghost voices  bouncing about inside her head, answers the question of what might  happen should a feral child grow up living inside a force nexus.


Star Wars, Night Sisters, Ewoks © George Lucas, Lucasfilm, and Disney
Tarzan © Edgar Rice Burroughs and Disney
Island of the Blue Dolphins © Scott O'Dell
Julie of the Wolves © Jean Craighead George
The Jungle Book © Rudyard Kipling and Disney
Naota Tomma, Art, Concept, and Design © Jennifer Maelynn Riddle and White Noise Graphics


Commissions are: Close but in progress!

 
As always, don't forget to leave comments, questions and critiques on  either my front page, or any of my artworks that catches your eye! I  really love reading your input and make an effort to reply whenever I  can, and even if you don't get a reply right away, you can be sure that  I've at least read it.

Make sure to check out my other sites!

 

Main Site

Art Sites

Social Media

 

No comments:

Post a Comment